Sunday 10 October 2010

Welsh Wonders





I travelled across to Wales last weekend for one of my oldest friend's wedding. An incredible experience, I cannot really put in to words, perhaps the 1000 photographs I took on the trip will at least give some indication to the level of enjoyment, emotion and appreciation that was felt by myself and, as I hope, by others.

The wedding ceremony took place in Swansea, which is a town full of character and we very much enjoyed our stay there, however for myself the location of the reception was one of the highlights of the weekend. We danced the night away at Rhossili Activity Centre, located just a few minutes away from the beautiful Rhossili Bay (pictured, second from top). The setting couldn't have been more perfect and complemented the wedding very well.

Of course this post has, seemingly, little to do with my current artistic practice but the whole trip gave me a great deal of inspiration and drive to start creating more work and to visit more places around the UK and thats never a bad thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment